Manage episode 287389989 series 1037000
We all deal with the emotion of anger every now and then. There's nothing wrong with that. But we don't have to work out our anger with other people.
As leaders, sometimes we forget that we already command authority just because of our role - our title. We automatically carry the biggest stick, and arguing for us, is not a good look. It doesn't create a constructive culture, and I believe as leaders, there is no place for us to participate in that. Ever.
So, let’s talk about how not to indulge an arguer – and how not to be one ourselves.
What you'll learn from this episode:
- Much of our perspective about how to communicate comes from our family of origin.
- What’s considered “arguing.”
- What to do in that moment – instead of indulging the “arguer.”
- How to deal with someone on the team who is an arguer.
- What to do if you are the arguer.
- Arguing as a form of manipulation.
I'd really appreciate it if you would click the like button above and leave a review if your favorite podcast app has that ability. Thank you!
The next How to CEO program starts in April. People on the interest list find out about things sooner than people who aren't. Go to HowtoCEOregister.com to get on that list!
© 2021 Kris Plachy