Manage episode 288636341 series 1037000
Today we’re talking about some warning signs to watch out for when you’re hiring a new employee. You’ve probably experienced some, or all, of these. And out of desperation, you may have found yourself making excuses for them or overlooking them. So I’m here to validate that these really are warning signs that an employee isn’t going to work out.
What you'll learn from this episode:
- Why someone who is late to an interview is a warning sign.
- Why you should have everybody do an assignment before you hire them.
- It’s a bad sign when someone calls in sick when they first get started with you.
- Why someone who immediately starts making excuses and justifying it is another red flag.
- How overall dismissal or tone deafness is a warning sign.
I'd really appreciate it if you would click the like button above and leave a review if your favorite podcast app has that ability. Thank you!
Registration is open for, How To CEO. If you are a female entrepreneur leading her own business, trying to figure out how to deal with all things "team" - like hiring, firing, holding people accountable, having difficult conversations, getting work done through others, delegating, dealing with difficult employees, how to coach versus how to manage - go to howtoceoregister.com.
© 2021 Kris Plachy