Manage episode 270260812 series 1037000
Entrepreneurs struggle with employees not taking ownership the same way that they do. Here are some suggestions for ways to handle a situation when someone doesn’t take responsibility for a task, and an example of how an ownership conversation ought to go.
What you'll learn from this episode:
- Why ownership is a personal responsibility.
- How getting out of an employee’s way, in order to foster ownership, is different than abdication.
- What “mis-delegating” means.
- An example of a frustrating ownership conversation and suggestions for what to do instead.
- Essential competencies that I believe every employee should come to the table with.
- What not to do when someone doesn’t take ownership.
We’ll be launching a new, live course in September called "How to CEO for Entrepreneurs." The registration for this first group will be limited, so go here https://krisplachy.com/how2ceo to get on the waitlist.
I'd really appreciate it if you would click the like button above and leave a review if your favorite podcast app has that ability. Thank you!
© 2020 Kris Plachy