Manage episode 277892739 series 2808926
Evelyn Seewald is a digital thought leader who has built a career in the technology sector. She has helped New Zealand companies develop innovative solutions that have made it possible for them to compete on the world stage.
Evelyn currently runs her own digital consulting business. She has worked within some of New Zealand’s more innovative companies, most recently for Fonterra, where she led a digital transformation to help New Zealand Dairy farmers run more productive, sustainable businesses through information and technology.
She believes New Zealand’s technology companies can punch above their weight on the world stage. As a female leader in a male-dominated space, she also believes that people with diverse backgrounds can contribute in amazing ways when they put their minds to it.
In this episode, we talk about:
[00:01 – 06:00] Who is Evelyn Seewald?
- I introduce and welcome our guest, Evelyn Seewald
- Evelyn gives a brief backstory about herself
- Pursuing a career in the technology sector
- What does technology really mean?
[06:01 – 12:02] How did you get into leadership?
- Stepping up on to leadership roles
- Evelyn’s journey to becoming a leader
- Leading on a global stage
- Evelyn’s tips on how leaders can lead their people to become globally competitive
- Evelyn talks about her favorite leader, Melinda Gates.
[12:03 – 28:13] Leadership is Changing
- What comes into your mind when you hear ‘leadership is changing?’
- Evelyn shares her view on what it means for her.
- Connecting to people more dynamically.
- Technology changing at speeds unlike before
- The evolution of Evelyn’s business
- Changing how companies trust their people
- How employees’ expectations from their leaders changed
[28:13 – 34:33] Living in a Fast-Paced, Ever-Changing World
- What makes a leader successful in this fast-paced, ever-changing world?
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Providing clarity to people of how you’re going to get around the ambiguities
- Where do you see leadership being in over the next 5 years?
- Evelyn weighs in on the path leadership is headed.
- How are we cultivating the leaders of tomorrow?
[34:34 – 36:14] Closing Segment
- Connect with Evelyn. See the links below.
- Final thoughts
“I think what’s really important is we tend to think of technology as just solving small problems and getting on computer and digitizing things. But really it’s about how do we compete on a global scale.” – Evelyn Seewald
“Earn their trust and learn to bring something different to the table, and I think that’s where I really started enjoying that whole leadership conversation.” – Evelyn Seewald
“The more creative ideas that are out there, the more opportunity there is for them to come to life. And I think as leaders it’s almost an obligation or a responsibility to step up and put our ideas out there.” – Evelyn Seewald
“I think leadership has become more about connecting with people more dynamically.” – Evelyn Seewald
Connect with Evelyn on LinkedIn.
Leadership is changing, are you? Join our Facebook community, and let’s make a change together!
Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or connect with our team at www.LeadingChangePartners.com.