Manage episode 278568527 series 2808926
Ajay Bal is a successful Entrepreneur and Licensed Immigration Adviser. Ajay has a Master’s in Business Management. He has worked as an Operations Manager for a retail business.
Ajay is the Founder and CEO of Novelty Sweets (Authentic Indian Sweets and Restaurant). Novelty currently has three stores across New Zealand. Ajay also has business interests in the household furniture, appliances retail sector, and motels.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Ajay talks about his background in Business Management and when he started taking up leadership roles
- Ajay tells us about his favorite leader and how that person has impacted the kind of leader he wanted to be.
- Ajay weighs in on how leadership has changed over the years
- Ajay talks about how COVID has impacted their business and how they are coping with the changes in how businesses operate
- Qualities employees look for in their leaders
- Ajay talks about him being a Licensed Immigration Adviser.
- Good leaders need to be updated about new technologies, skills, and people
- The goal is to grow and go far
- Good leaders invest in their people
- We learn from our mistakes
“You need to make decisions based on your experience plus your knowledge plus your research.” – Ajay Bal
“Good leaders have actually invested into people.” – Ajay Bal
“You become successful by learning from your mistakes.” – Ajay Bal
Leadership Is Changing Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LeadershipIsChanging/