Manage episode 303462033 series 1510077
This week on the Less Stressed Life Podcast, I talk to Dr. Christopher Shade about the liposomal delivery of supplements. Dr. Shade has a Ph.D. in environmental mercury chemistry and he’s a renowned expert on mercury, heavy metals, and human detoxification systems. If you are looking to nerd out on all the details of how and why liposomal delivery works, this is the episode for you!
- Liposomal delivery science: What is liposomal delivery?
- Why don't some supplements get absorbed well? Like Glutathione
- How do you prove they’re getting absorbed….How small? Mineral vs lipid nanoparticles
- Process for creating a liposomal product
- Why use a liposomal supplement?
- What person benefits from liposomal? Gut issues, Mold illness, Immune disease
- Are there certain nutrients that can’t be delivered via liposomal route?
- Liposomal vs “reduced” Glutathione
- Liposome vs. Capsule vs. liquid
- How do you maintain antioxidant levels/stability with the processing that happens liposomally? Keep oxygen out; inert gases; argon or nitrogen: asparagine to purge oxygen
- Regulation for supplements and content
- How has CV impacted your ability to source and create products?
- Binders-Bioactive or charcoal:
Christopher Shade, Ph.D., founder, and CEO of Quicksilver Scientific, continues to be the driving force of development and innovation. Dr. Shade’s vast depth and breadth of knowledge, passion for healing, and intuitive understanding of chemistry and biology are reflected in Quicksilver Scientific’s well-designed detoxification protocols, unique supplement delivery systems, and patented mercury speciation test.
Dr. Shade is a recognized expert on mercury and liposomal delivery systems. He has lectured and trained doctors in the U.S. and internationally on the subject of mercury, heavy metals, and the human detoxification system. Dr. Shade's current focus is on the development of cutting-edge, lipid-based delivery systems for nutraceuticals, such as liposomes and micro-emulsion systems, to address the growing need of high-quality, affordable detoxification solutions.
WHERE TO FIND GUEST:
Shades of Health Podcast
WHERE TO FIND CHRISTA:
Personalized functional medicine with Christa Biegler:
On IG: @anti.inflammatory.nutritionist
Less Stressed Life Podcast:
Less Stressed Life Facebook Page:
How do you remember and put into action all the value you get from podcasts? You talk about it! You tell someone else!
What started as texts and DMs with friends and listeners is now The Less Stressed Life Podcast Facebook group. Learning is EVERYTHING. It gives us growth and we retain by sharing. Learn.Grow.Share.
Join The Less Stressed Life Podcast Whole Health Facebook Group at learngrowsharecircle.co