Manage episode 297268563 series 1453173
In today’s episode, I’m sitting down with Danielle Bean, a dear friend of mine who is a regular guest on the Letters to Women Podcast.
The week that I recorded this conversation with Danielle, I looked at our Langr family calendar and realized that Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday were packed. Small groups, parish events, haircuts, doctor appointments . . . the works. Now that the world is slowly starting to get back to “normal” - I’m using air quotes here - it’s crazy how quickly we got back to BUSY again. It’s crazy how hard it’s gotten to say “no” to things.
In this episode, Danielle and I are talking about her new book, “Whisper - Finding God in the Everyday.” It’s a book full of real-life stories to teach us how to see God in our everyday lives - and how that starts with some mental shifts when it comes to our prayer life and saying no to things so we can say yes to making space to just be with the Lord.
If you’re struggling with a packed summer schedule and finding it hard to say a simple two letter word that starts with “n” and ends with “o,” sister, this letter is for you - and it’s for me!
Topics we talked about in this episode:
- Danielle’s top joy and struggle of her current season of life
- Why now is the perfect time to dive into Danielle’s new book, “Whisper: Finding God in the Everyday”
- Shifting our mindset around prayer and our relationship with God
- Why it is so hard to say “no” to things - especially good things
- Practical tips for saying no to things in your daily life as a Catholic woman
- What rest means for our daily lives
- Danielle’s favorite memories of encountering God in her everyday
Resources you should check out after listening to this episode:
- "Whisper: Finding God in the Everyday,” published by Ascension Press
- Follow Danielle on Instagram
- A Letter To the Woman Who Doesn’t Think She’s Enough - my first conversation with Danielle on the podcast
- A Letter To the Woman With an Emptying Nest with Danielle
- A Letter to the Woman Who Thinks Spiritual Motherhood is a Consolation Prize with Danielle
- “Diving Deep into the Feminine Genius” - my conversation with Danielle on Girlfriends
- Save 15% off your order at House of Joppa with the code LETTERS15
- Get a copy of the new Letters to Women book!