Manage episode 302948791 series 1520619
How I went From Minimum Wage to Millionaire - and How You Can Too
On today’s show, Eric shares his experiences with us and tells us more about how he went from minimum wage and getting fired multiple times to placing bets and finding the growth opportunities within the struggles to become a millionaire. He’s breaking it down so you too can level up, take that bet and change your life. He encourages side hustles which help you build up more experiences, changing your perspective and looking at work as a game, feeling more engaged, and having a sense of flow which will make you unstoppable. If you’re feeling stuck looking at your pay scale and wanting more, then this show is for you!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:15] Eric introduces the topic by talking about the timeline of his career and shares his experiences.
- [01:07] Hear more details about the different jobs Eric had and how his pay scale changed.
- [03:20] How digital marketing made Eric level up.
- [05:00] What Eric learned about diversifying himself in the digital marketing space.
- [06:05] How leveling up isn’t all about the pay but the growth opportunity it brings.
- [06:40] Identifying the trend: if you’re not growing anymore, should you still be there.
- [08:00] The experience you can build up by having side hustles.
- [10:42] If there’s an opportunity for you to place an asymmetric bet - take that bet.
- 12:20] How continuing to grow enterprise value led to SingleGrain becoming more successful.
- [13:40] Having a sense of short-term urgency but understanding great results take decades.
Resources From The Interview:
- The Regret Minimization Framework
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should I talk about next? Who should I interview? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review here
- Subscribe to Leveling Up on iTunes
- Get the non-iTunes RSS Feed
Connect with Eric Siu: