Manage episode 300167241 series 2553136
I’m joined on the podcast today by Melissa Grande who is a professional musician, Wild and Free leader and True North Homeschool Academy Teacher! Today we are going to be talking about Music is an important life skill. It’s easy to get overwhelmed with core academics and feel like Music is just something to add onto the end.
But really, Music teaches our kids so many life skills that are transferable to all other aspects of their lives, you definitely want to make time for it. And if you’re not sure how, we have some great ideas for you!
Melissa shares the following Benefits of Music in our ilves which include so many soft skills!
- Stress Management & Therapeutic Benefits- Music calms the soul, gives kids the ability to express emotions and work off the wiggles! It also utilizes many neural pathways!
- Quick Thinking Skills
- Social Skills such as Collaboration & Communication
- Responsibility and Discipline -students learn to take care of their instrument and focus on practicing, getting better.
- Problem Solving
- Time Management & Deadlines
- Pride in Accomplishments & Do Hard Things
- Perseverance/Patience -excellence comes with good practice.
- Creative Expression
- Self Expression
Blog Post: Latin, Math and Music: Universal Languages
Musicians Referenced: Carmen, Sandy Patty, Keith Green, Amy Grant, Michael W. Smith,
TNHA Classes to get your Musical and Creative Energies flowing!
- Music at the Movies– a life changing Music and Apologetics course!
- Introduction to Music Theory
- The Art of Songwriting
- Introduction to Voice
- Art & Music I
- Art & Music II
- Knitting and Crocheting
Melissa Grande also teaches
MY INSTAGRAM: mrs_grandes_class
We love coming alongside fellow homeschoolers to ensure your academic and future success at True North Homeschool Academy! We offer Academic Advising, amazing k-12th grade Classes, Clubs and Mom’s Membership, regular Podcasts and Blog posts and more! Let us know how we can come alongside of you!
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO Life Skills 101 VIA COMPUTER
- Follow this link to our Apple Podcasts page.
- OR take this IMPORTANT STEP: Under our Homeschool Highschool Podcast logo, click on View in “…your favorite podcast source”
- This will take you to Apple Podcasts or your favorite podcast source and our own podcast page.
- Click SUBSCRIBE.
- Click RATINGS AND REVIEW. (Please take a minute and do this. It helps others find us. Thanks!)
OR PLEASE SUBSCRIBE VIA iPHONE
- Tap the purple Podcast icon on your phone
- Tap the search icon on the bottom-right of your screen
- In the search bar type: Homeschool Highschool Podcast
- Tap the Homeschool Highschool Podcast icon
- Tap *Subscribe*
- Please tap *Ratings and Review*
We love coming alongside fellow homeschoolers to offer encouragement and support as they head True North! Let us know how we can support YOU