Manage episode 286353601 series 1469868
I think we’ve got something twisted when it comes to self love.
Self love isn’t face masks or shopping sprees (though it can be!). It’s much, much deeper than that.
Self love is…
...Communicating and upholding your boundaries with the people in your life (yes, even if it means they’ll be upset with you or leave).
...Being honest about your needs, both with others and with yourself.
...Gaining awareness around your fears and limiting beliefs so that you can do the work to heal.
...Following your aligned path, even if people judge you or don’t understand.
Self love is a lot less about face masks and a lot more about removing the masks you wear that hide your true essence.
So how do you go about creating self awareness so that you can embody self love? What practices will help bring you back to your center so you can live life from a place of alignment and wholeness?
This is just what my friend, Koya Webb, and I are discussing on this episode of Limitless Life™.
Koya is an internationally recognized yoga teacher, celebrity holistic health coach, author, speaker, and vegan activist whose core mission is to promote daily self-care, oneness and eco friendly living to combat some of the some of the world’s biggest challenges including mental health, social injustices and global warming.
In this episode, Koya shares how…
- Self-love isn’t a destination; it’s a journey on which you need to be gentle with yourself and acknowledge it takes practice
- Fear is feedback that when used to tune into what we need, it shifts our energy back to love
- Freedom is found when we show up and love without expectation
- When you come from a place of wholeness, you can give so much more fully to every relationship
- Specific ways you can find daily self-love within yourself
It might feel easy to go through each day and use distractions to cover up or bury how we feel. But if you take time to ask yourself what you really need, you can start to come home to yourself, and use that inner love to create lasting change and love in the world around you.
Bottom line: love is the root of who we are and why we’re here.
It’s the energy that weaves us all together, so we’ve got to start giving it the attention it deserves.
Read the show notes: https://www.melyssagriffin.com/embody-self-love/
- Koya's Website
- Koya's Instagram
- Koya's Facebook
- Get Loved Up on Instagram
- Get Loved Up on Facebook
- Koya’s Book, Let Your Fears Make You Fierce: How to Turn Common Obstacles into Seeds for Growth
- A Course in Miracles
- A Course in Miracles Made Easy: Mastering the Journey from Fear to Love by Alan Cohen
- A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles" by Marianne Williamson
- Follow me (Melyssa Griffin) on Instagram for honest conversations about alignment, abundance, and my life.
- Follow the Limitless Life™ Podcast on Instagram for new episode releases and wisdom on how to live a life with no limits.
- Learn about the Aligned Abundance Mastermind.
- Discover Your Money Magnetism Archetype - Take the Quiz!
- Register for the free, at-home Limitless Entrepreneur retreat here!