Manage episode 289987577 series 1048970
People often ask me about what to do as a new homesteader and I always say, start one thing at a time and do it all the way. Today, I thought we could talk about some of my failures here so that you can avoid them.
Relocation Roundtable is Filling Up - Get registered: LivingFreeinTennessee.com.
Stump the Sauce
Mayonnaise - I have heard you talk about making your own Mayonnaise briefly before. Could you talk more about how you personally make it, and how long it keeps, and/or ways to extend its useful life?
- ¼ cup lemon
- 3 duck egg yokes
- Avocado or Olive Oil
What’s Up in the Garden
- Peas that escaped the onslaught of the chickens are looking good
- Strawberries are blooming (The rock trick from Nick)
- Herbs and tomatoes are out -- but another round is held back in case we get the late April freeze
- Planting potatoes this week
- Sweet potato slips are in progress
Main topic of the Show: 5 Mistakes I Made on My Homestead
- The Retaining Wall of Shame
- The Pooey Pig Pasture
- Animals before Fencing
- Hoarders Unite: Nowhere to Store Things
- The Problem is the Solution (On hills, clay, rock, and a south facing house)
Make it a great week!
GUYS! Don’t forget about the cookbook, Cook With What You Have by Nicole Sauce and Mama Sauce.
- Mewe Group: https://mewe.com/join/lftn
- Telegram Group: https://t.me/LFTNGroup
- Odysee: https://odysee.com/$/invite/@livingfree:b