Manage episode 322720796 series 1314643
Dear Black Women, you have permission to drop the cape. It's time to take it OFF and get into this self-love and self-healing work! The constant messaging that we receive to be strong and all sacrificing is too much to handle. Today, I want you to normalize expressing your emotions and embrace healing from traumatic experiences.
In this podcast episode, I sit down with Denise Francis, Founder of The Self-Love Foundation, Inc., to discuss the POWER that can be unlocked through the black woman's self-love journey.
- [00:05:04] How validation and support from your community can propel you forward.
- [00:07:00] Get to know Denise Francis, the Founder, and CEO of the Self-Love Organization Inc, and learn how she's bridging the gap between self-love and mental health.
- [00:07:25]Ever wondered what it takes to become a TEDx speaker? Denise gives us her testimony on the power of manifestation.
- [00:15:10] Legacy goals!- Learn how Denise's advocacy led to her getting her research on self-love and healing approved on an academic level.
- [00:18:50] Our passions usually have a story attached to them - this is Denise's story. Listen as she shares the moment she chose to become a "Strong Black Woman."
- [00:24:43] Self-Care has become commercialized, but do you know what self-care really is?
- [00:27:00] Understanding our Strong Black Women Trauma responses and how they show up in our relationships - especially with our mothers.
- [00:36:37] Intuitively, we know that challenges shape our character. Denise shares her turning point.
- [00:39:45] Feeling stuck in your self-love journey - Listen as Denise walks us through her Self-Guided Therapy Journaling Technique.
- [00:55:27] Healing from setbacks, pain, and honoring our process - Denise and I discuss starting the healing journey here.
- [00:58:06] With so many accolades under her belt, Denise shares how she wants to be remembered and reminisces on her biggest win!
- Show Notes (here)
Support for the Look On The Bright Side Podcast comes from:
- Jessie Monroe Nail Care: Visit JessieMonroeNailCare.com and save 20% on your entire order (excluding bundles) with code BrightSide20
- MamaRiseUp: Visit MamaRiseUpShop.com and save 20% on your entire order with code BrightSide20
- Grab A Free Audiobook: Free 30-Day Trial On Audible
- Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.