408: Traveling The Keto Road and Exploring Disordered Eating, Body Dysmorphia, and Personal Transformations with Jonathan Shane
Manage episode 282584991 series 3914
This week on the Podcast, Leah and Holly take a journey with Jonathan Shane, Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner at The Keto Road.
In this episode:
Jonathan shares his transformation health journey and struggles with weight and body dysmorphia.
Leah and Jonathan chat about what lead Jonathan to study as a Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner.
Holly Jean and John discuss the latest controversy over Cosmopolitan magazine and the cover photo featuring obese women with the caption “this is healthy”. The magazine has come under criticism, being accused of glamorizing obesity, for being irresponsible for displaying obesity as the picture of health during a time where a global pandemic is disproportionately affecting people with obesity and metabolic disorders more adversely. Then there is an outrage in response to the criticism from the body positivity and the body love movement. Holly Jean and Jonathan discuss the valid opinions and arguments on both sides of these discussions and how conversation is opening a lot of doors to understanding and dissecting a complicated topic.
Jonathan shares his proven success formula he uses to help clients:
The ROAD method
R – Remove O – Observe A – Action D – Discipline
Find out more about Jonathan’s Services at True Nutrition Coaching.
Ways you can help support the Podcast!
We are truly appreciative of any support you can give to the podcast! Here are some ways you can help us reach more people each week:
- SUBSCRIBE to the podcast (if you don’t already) so it automatically downloads for you each week and you never miss an episode.
- REVIEW – Leave a review on Apple Podcasts – it does not take very long to do and this really helps get the podcast seen by others.
- RECOMMEND the podcast to your friends and family – recommendations from someone you know and trust are always invaluable.
- DONATE – If you love the show and our content, consider making a donation by clicking the “Donate” now Pay Pal button on the right side of the website.
- GET SOCIAL – Join the Facebook Group, like the Facebook Page, and NOW ON INSTAGRAM
- GO SHOPPING using any affiliate links we post if you are thinking of buying a book or product we mention or recommend.
We appreciate you, our listeners, and your support of the podcast allows us to reach more listeners, book amazing guests, and spread the messages of honest nutrition, health, and wellness. Thank you so much!
Try Cacao Bliss and save 15% with this link and code LOWCARB Cacao Bliss original contains the genuine power of organic raw cacao which encases a host of healthful benefits. It brings you the best form of chocolate that is all energy and clinically safe to promote lots of functions in your body. Cacao Bliss brings you the pleasure of eating chocolate without any fear of adding weight! It’s such a magical superfood that has absolutely no side effect rather this incredibly good chocolate is nourishing and supportive to strengthen the body against so many health problems.