Manage episode 272879203 series 1080468
Today we’re talking to Anne Scoular, a former diplomat, Citibank trained international banker, and organizational psychologist, who is recognized as one of the five leading experts in business coaching globally by the Harvard Business Review. Much in demand for her expertise, Anne has served on a number of expert panels and policy committees, and she is the author of The Financial Times Guide to Business Coaching.
In this week’s episode, we explore how coaching can transform leadership and organizations, and Anne helps us understand how we can bring a coaching mindset to the work that we do every day.
Connect with Anne Scoular:
- [01:41] - Anne explains how organizational coaching differs from mentoring and other types of coaching.
- [03:21] - Anne explores why coaching is so important for leaders right now.
- [04:51] - Anne talks us through her framework for different styles of coaching leaders can use.
- [09:09] - Anne shares examples of the positive impact she has seen in organizations when leaders coach.
- [12:33] - Ann explains how workplaces can build an organizational capacity for coaching.
- [16:48] - Anne shares what we can do in our own workplaces to develop coaching capacity and skills
- [17:50] - Anne completes the Lightning Round
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review of the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Until next time, take care! Thank you, Anne!