Manage episode 272484955 series 1203992
In episode #1509, we ask if you should go to war with a larger company. Recently Apple and Android kicked Fortnite off their app stores because the popular game violated the rules by adding in-app payments and discounts. A lawsuit and more between Epic and Apple ensued and we wonder if this will benefit or harm Epic in the long run. Tune in to find out more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: If You Should Go to War with A Larger Company.
- [00:30] Fortnite went all out against Apple by adding in-app payments and discounts.
- [00:52] How Apple responded and how Epic was prepared for a fight with lawyers ready, etc.
- [01:43] Neil’s thoughts: Do what is best for your customers, even fight a large company.
- [01:57] How this lawsuit could be good PR for Epic, and they are big enough to possibly win.
- [03:12] The significance of the discount Fortnite users have been given.
- [03:49] That’s it for today!
- [03:50] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us: