Manage episode 272355631 series 1203992
In episode #1507, we discuss why marketers should think more like investors. Investors are people with a long-term outlook and who don’t expect immediate results, two attributes that marketers will greatly benefit from. Tune in to hear why you have to start going after big total addressable markets (TAMs)!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Why Marketers Should Think Like Investors.
- [00:34] Find out which two books will help you think like an investor.
- [01:08] Investors go after huge TAMs (total addressable markets) and you should too!
- [01:52] Why email service providers are far bigger than SEO tools.
- [02:19] Focus on delivering a good customer experience rather than making quick cash.
- [03:25] Like Jeff Bezos, you have to have a long-term outlook on things.
- [04:08] Wall Street is incentivized to look at results from a quarterly perspective.
- [04:28] Make things easier by cultivating a long-term relationship and business outlook.
- [05:16] Just look at this podcast – we’ve focused on offering a good experience over time.
- [05:42] That’s it for today!
- [05:43] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us: