Outsource Acelerator Podcast, hosted by Derek Gallimore, explores business and outsourcing mastery. Inside-knowledge from the outsourcing capital of the world - Manila, Philippines.
Manage episode 255132419 series 2545169
By Christine Orchard and Christine Orchard at Arc. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
Topics also covered on the podcast episode:
- How Laurel persuaded the executives of his previous company to experiment with remote work
- Why Laurel thinks compliance is the number one thing companies should figure out before going remote
- How Laurel measures the cost of transitioning to remote work (as well as the metrics for measuring whether this transition has been successful)
- Why remote work can strengthen local technology culture
- How remote work can enable both re-skilling and up-skilling
- How the right training can enable older members of the workforce to get modern remote opportunities
- How can leaders help new remote workers develop their [self-discipline](https://arc.dev/blog/self-discipline-remote-work-8se6kn8qyr) (without micromanaging!)