Modern Mentor is your guide to leadership and communication, helping you craft a workplace environment you can feel good about. She’ll share tips to help you balance your work and personal life, effectively invest your time, and be mindful about where you’re devoting your energy. Let Modern Mentor help you navigate your path to success—however you define it.
Manage episode 257473578 series 2545169
By Christine Orchard and Christine Orchard at Arc. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
Topics also covered on the podcast episode:
- What attracted Steph to remote work
- The “give and take” approach in remote hiring
- How Steph learned to be a better communicator
- Can you deliberately train communication skills?
- How to encourage top-down empathy in an organization
- Why humility should be at the core of leadership
- The three must-have qualities of effective leadership
- Frameworks for remote decision making
- Is there a middle ground between “delegating” and “being hands-on” for CEOs?
- How Steph adapted to remote life and still finding time to be creative
- The Hustle
- Ken Weary of Hotjar - How to Regain Productivity in Your Remote Team
- Must-Have Qualities for Effective Leadership
- Best Practices for Managing Remote Teams: A Psychological Perspective
- Give and Take: Why Helping Others Drives Our Success by Adam Grant
- Jason Fried
- Sam Parr
- Steph’s website