Outsource Acelerator Podcast, hosted by Derek Gallimore, explores business and outsourcing mastery. Inside-knowledge from the outsourcing capital of the world - Manila, Philippines.
Manage episode 244012853 series 2545169
By Christine Orchard and Christine Orchard at Arc. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
- 01:02 — What is “Head of Remote” actually?
- 02:00 — Why remote work came naturally to Andreas
- 04:37 — How investors’ perceptions about remote work have changed over the years
- 06:24 — Why building an engineering team inside Silicon Valley is now questionable
- 11:08 — Is there such a thing as a “network effect” in remote work?
- 15:45 — Why Andreas wrote Managing Remote Teams - A Crash Course
- 19:48 — Systemizing “trust” inside a remote team
- 23:35 — Why onboarding is crucial for new hires
- 28:37 — Why you need to “refactor” your organization every few months
- 35:04 — The misperception of the “digital nomad” trend
- 40:30 — Is “remote readiness” is a thing?
- 43:40 — How to start transitioning into a remote team
- 47:12 — Andreas’ general advice to those who want to start/scale remote companies, especially regarding hiring
- 50:30 — Why pair programming is an underrated way to assess your remote candidates
- Product Hunt
- Ryan Hoover
- Running Remote
- Andreas Klinger’s talk at Running Remote
- Andrew Chen
- Mullet model
- Managing Remote Teams - A Crash Course by Andreas Klinger
- Creating a Fun and Playful Culture in Remote Teams with Krister Haav
- Toggl Startup Simulator
- “Your company should be your best product”
- Pieter Levels
- Pieter Levels tweet about ‘digital nomads’
- Nick Francis
- Help Scout
- Andreas Klinger's Twitter