Manage episode 302397885 series 2796474
MentalHealth411 podcast "All things mental health" this week we explore, a question that often comes up; How do I find a therapist? Paola Leon AMFT under supervision recently wrote a blog about this subject. Paola talks to our host Paloma Collins about finding a therapist, tips and nuances that come up.
Paola shares tips and they discuss personal experiences of finding a therapist.
To read Paola's blog visit:
Here are some suggested questions that Paola mentioned in her blog:
- Have you worked with individuals that are experiencing similar concerns?
- What do you consider to be your specialty or area of expertise?
- Are you a culturally sensitive therapist?
- Will I be able to express cultural issues?
- How frequently should we meet?
- How should I prepare for sessions?
- How will I know if therapy is working?
MentalHealth411 IG: mentalhealth411
Host: Paloma Collin IG: paloma_therapy
Guest IG: PaolaTherapy
Website for inquiry on services: https://palomatherapy.com/paola-leon/