Manage episode 302526174 series 2477045
We will learn:
- What it really means to live the good life.
- How purpose changes from adulthood to elder hood.
- How to move from self-absorbed soul searching to a life of meaning.
Getting old is weird. Collectively we treat it like a disease. And I get why, most people live lifestyles that inevitably lead to disease, so we assume correlation is causation.
It’s easy to fall into complacency, consumption, cynicism.
The harder route is the one we take responsibility for, with choice, curiosity, and courage.
But what’s really more difficult? The choice that takes more work now but leads to a fulfilling life? Or the one that takes no effort now but creates a life you’d rather not be living?
And how do we make a choice to experience aging with purpose?
That’s what we’re talking about today. Our guest is David Shapiro, philosopher, educator, and writer whose work consistently explores matters of meaning, purpose, and equity.
Links from the episode:
- Show Notes: https://mindlove.com/x55
- Sign up for The Morning Mind Love for short daily notes from your highest self.
- Get Mind Love Premium for exclusive ad-free episodes and monthly meditations.
- Support Mind Love Sponsors
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.