Manage episode 301422751 series 2477045
We will learn:
- The taboo postpartum truths.
- How to cope when you’re grieving your old life.
- How to enjoy being a mom your way.
Deciding to have a baby is more than just deciding to bring a child into this world… it’s also about fundamentally changing your role in this lifetime.
Is it so crazy to think that some people may not like losing all their independence, waking up multiple times per night, having a tiny human basically attached to you most of your waking hours, or making sounds so loud you can’t hear yourself think during the rest of those hours?
Maybe for some of us, but for others, motherhood just isn’t what they expected it to be.
The bond, the bliss, the feeling that their life is complete… just isn’t there.
They love their child but they just don’t love momming, every minute of every day. They miss who they were before the baby (which… lets be real, kinda happens to every mom a little right?).
So how do you cope if being a parent just isn’t what you thought it would be?
Well that’s what we’re talking about today. Our guest is Marissa Zwetow, licensed therapist who specializes in prenatal and postpartum counseling.
Links from the episode:
- Show Notes: https://mindlove.com/x53
- Sign up for The Morning Mind Love for short daily notes from your highest self.
- Get Mind Love Premium for exclusive ad-free episodes and monthly meditations.
- Support Mind Love Sponsors
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.