Manage episode 298398249 series 2344876
We will learn:
- All about the four characters within our brains.
- How to get to know each character and understand which one is in charge.
- How to practice a whole brain huddle to call all Four Characters into our awareness, and then together as a team contemplate your next best move.
What if I told you that inside your brain you basically have four completely different personalities, all with different strengths.
Chances are, you’ve heard the label of being a “right-brained” or “left-brained” thinker. If you’re logical, detail-oriented and analytical? That’s left-brained behavior. If you’re Creative, thoughtful and subjective? Your brain’s right side functions stronger.
Well, newly released research shows that there is no evidence within brain imaging that indicates some people are right-brained or left-brained.
Instead, we each have four distinctive groups of cells, divided between our two brain hemispheres. So that’s four parts, each of which has its own predictable personality. And if you know them well enough, you can call upon their advice to make more well-rounded choices.
That’s what we’re talking about today. Our guest today is Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor, Harvard-trained and published neuroanatomist, speaker, and bestselling author.
Links from the episode:
- Show Notes: https://mindlove.com/192
- Sign up for The Morning Mind Love for short daily notes from your highest self.
- Get Mind Love Premium for exclusive ad-free episodes and monthly meditations.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.