1466: Why Trainers Can’t Always Agree on Exercise Form, How to Perform the Pullover, the Benefits of Squatting Barefoot & More
Manage episode 282147258 series 1542769
In this episode of Quah (Q & A), Sal, Adam & Justin answer Pump Head questions about why there is such a discrepancy between trainers on the proper form & mechanics of exercises, the pullover movement, the benefits of squatting barefoot, and the core disciplines that should be first established in oneself before being able to train others successfully.
- Justin is getting lean and not even trying. (4:51)
- What do the guy’s morning routines look like right now? (8:19)
- The best ways to dramatically increase ‘the pump’. (13:21)
- Keeping your coffee beans fresh with MIIR’s new coffee canister. (16:42)
- How getting poor sleep can affect your workouts. (23:17)
- Elon Musk is now the richest man in the world. (26:17)
- Bitcoin is on fire! (27:25)
- How social media affects your perception of reality. (28:42)
- #Quah question #1 - Why is there such a discrepancy between trainers on the proper form and mechanics of exercises? (41:26)
- #Quah question #2 – Can you please go over the pullover movement? There are so many angles to hit it from, resistance curves, and muscles involved depending on how you attack it. (47:34)
- #Quah question #3 – Can you go into the benefits of squatting barefoot? Is it better to go barefoot or just wear shoes like Converse? (50:22)
- #Quah question #4 – As someone interested in being a personal trainer, what core disciplines should be established in oneself first before they can train others successfully? (54:53)
Related Links/Products Mentioned
- January Promotion: MAPS Fitness Starter Bundle 50% off!
- Visit MIIR for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners!
- Visit NED for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners!
- Elon Musk is now the richest man on the planet, overtaking Jeff Bezos
- As Bitcoin Smashes Through $40,000, Data Reveals What’s Behind The Huge 2021 Bitcoin Price Boom
- Irresistible: The Rise of Addictive Technology and the Business of Keeping Us Hooked
- Mind Pump TV - YouTube
- How to Perform a PROPER Dumbbell Pullover (Target Chest of Lats) | MIND PUMP
- Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen
- MAPS Prime Pro Webinar
- @mindpumpadam Tippy toe squats video
- 3 Things You Should Know Before You Become a Personal Trainer – Mind Pump Blog
- Mind Pump Podcast – YouTube
- Mind Pump Free Resources
- Max Schmarzo (ATC/CSCS/MS) (@strong_by_science) Instagram