Manage episode 285710813 series 2753723
In this episode we sit down with.... Unyime Oguta
Unyime is a speaker, Certified Intuitive Eating Counsellor and non-diet Nutrition Coach, and mum of 3. She is passionate about helping busy, overwhelmed mums transform their relationship with food so that they can stop obsessing about food, gain freedom, and feel empowered to raise children who have a good relationship with food and their bodies. When she’s not busy, you’ll find Unyime painting and taking care of her plant babies…or napping, which is one of her favorite things to do.
A snippet of what we talk about:
● Unyime’s personal body image story- growing up in Nigeria, immigrating to Canada & the cultural differences + similarities around body image expectations.
● Why values work is essential for cultivating deeper authenticity, self-compassion + healing.
● Practical tools for healing our relationship with our body through everyday exposure therapy.
● Identifying and healing perfectionism + people pleasing
● Why weight is not an accurate measure of someone's health & what to prioritize instead to feel well in sustainable ways.
Connect with our guest...
● IG: @oliveandblisswellness
● FB: Olive & Bliss
Resources we mention in this episode…
Join the Modern Girl community: