Manage episode 286361002 series 2753723
In this episode we sit down with....Lisah Sutton-Williams
Lisah is a LMFT, LCSW, and Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor. Lisah is the Founder of Intentional Connections Counseling, LLC, where she specializes in anxiety, life transitions, intuitive eating, and embodiment. She is also a Certified EMDR therapist. Lisah strives to help clients create a more balanced relationship with food, mind, and body.
A snippet of what we talk about:
- Lisah’s personal body image story & how that shaped her relationship with food + identity.
- Diet culture: what this is, where it comes from & how this influenced Lisah personally, without even realizing it.
- Lisah’s introduction to Intuitive Eating + some of the exact steps she took to begin healing her relationship with food.
- Food anxiety & how our core beliefs & relationship with food impact one another.
- Practical action steps for continuing to amplify black voices, as a white woman in this culture (me & maybe you).
- Social media- is it helping or harming us? Lisah shares her personal opinion as a mental health professional.
- Setting boundaries around food + body talk & the importance of practicing self-compassion.
Connect with our guest...
Resources we mention in this episode…
- Fearing The Black Body
- Fat Girls In Black Bodies
- The Body Is Not An Apology
- The Intuitive Eating Workbook
- Food Psych Podcast
Join the Modern Girl community:
Ready to heal your relationship with food + body?
Join UNMEASURED: Virtual Barre That Celebrates Your Body