Manage episode 300840126 series 2575134
Nargis Rahman joins us today to talk about her dreams, her path to journalism with its U-turns forced by motherhood, and how she practiced her mommying philosophy of “wing it” with her own return to work. Her gems on our God-given potential, and the right of the people upon us to use it, are more than inspirational. They’re aspirational.
Learn about storytelling as a function of community journalism and how mainstream coverage often misses the treasure box of stories under its nose, when sisterhood elevating its individual members fosters our collective success, and about Nargis’ favorite community piece.
- Learn more about Nargis: https://nargisthewriter.com/about/
- Nargis on IG: @nargisthewriter
- Nargis on Twitter: @nargisthewriter
- Email Nargis: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read about Bismillah Kabob: https://civileats.com/2019/05/24/the-halal-restaurant-helping-build-community-in-suburban-detroit/
- Pediatric COVID hospitalizations: https://www.businessinsider.com/record-high-rates-kids-hospitalized-with-covid-as-delta-spreads-2021-8
- Web: www.mommyingwhilemuslim.com
- Email: email@example.com
- FB: Mommying While Muslim page and Mommyingwhilemuslim group
- IG: @mommyingwhilemuslimpodcast