Manage episode 298753599 series 2575134
When we discuss entertainment, we think about music, too. Muslimahs have been making music for centuries, but a lot of us haven't been taught that. Amira Daugherty talks about her path from law to music, from activism to making history on American Idol, all without encouragement or accolades because Muslimah voices don't get them. This rapper, singer, and spoken word artist is literally using her voice to communicate across boundaries and connect with humanity, facing hurdles within and outside of her community.
She’s also got a special ability you'll want to hear about as she attempts to create more inclusive American Muslimah representation.
Hit the high notes with us on this episode airing at 6pm EST on Apple podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, iHeartRadio, or Alexa.
- Find Amira online and SUPPORT HER ALBUM: https://amiraunplugged.onuniverse.com/
- Follow Amira on IG: @amiraunplugged
- Follow Amira on YouTube: Amira Unplugged
- Web: www.mommyingwhilemuslim.com
- Email: email@example.com
- FB: Mommying While Muslim page and Mommyingwhilemuslim group
- IG: @mommyingwhilemuslimpodcast