Manage episode 278507747 series 2783594
Research begins at 22:31
Mmm Bop. Hale-Bopp. Dooo bop. Brings closure to Heaven’s Gate yeeeah yeeah! This week we’re bringing you the whole enchilada on the Heaven’s Gate cult. The “new age UFO cult” that struck headlines in the 90s after the unexpected mass suicide of 39 of its members. Who started the Heaven’s Gate cult? What did they believe? And what remains of them today?
Andy and Art are NOT captured once again by the titular Mr. Bunker - where was he seen this time?
In the second segment, Andy and Art give you, the listeners, an uninterrupted presentation of their research into Heaven's Gate.
Finally, Andy and Art discuss what makes a cult, Andy the incel, old religions, and so much more!
Music by Michael Martello
Artwork by Hannah Ross
Audio Editing by Arthur Stone
- Humanity's Next Step and Heaven's Gate | The Psychology of Extraordinary Beliefs - The Ohio State University
- It's the End of the World as We Know It: Examining Doomsday Cults | The Psychology of Extraordinary Beliefs - The Ohio State University
- Heaven's Gate - How and When It May Be Entered - Heaven’s Gate Website
- Heaven's Gate (religious group) - Wikipedia
- Heaven's Gate | religious group - Britanica
- The 1990s Cult 'Heaven's Gate' Has Four Remaining Followers – We Spoke to Them - Vice
- A Suicide Cult's Surviving Members Still Maintain Its 90s Website - Vice
- Heaven's Gate 20 Years Later: 10 Things You Didn't Know - Rolling Stone
- The Story Of The Heaven's Gate Cult And Their Infamous Mass Suicide - Allthat’s Interesting
- Heaven's Gate | Full UFO Cult Documentary - YouTube
- Heaven's Gate Cult Initiation Tape Part 1 - YouTube
- Heaven's Gate Exit Statements Before Mass Suicide - YouTube
- Heaven's Gate Cult - YouTube