Manage episode 286445131 series 2673153
In this special episode on the Future of Work in Australia we look at Labor’s controversial industrial relations policy proposals that includes (shock horror!) minimum wages and sick leave. Then we chat to political economist Ben Spies-Butcher, head of sociology at Macquarie University about a recent study he did into Universal Basic Income (UBI) in Australia and how the pandemic may have given us a glimpse of what the future could look like in regards to free money!
At the top of the show we look at the Royal Commission into Aged Care which dropped its final report this week and the opportune timing of its release.
Follow Ben Spies-Butcher on twitter at twitter.com/bspiesbutcher
News Fighters is a comedic look at the week in Australian news, media and political hypocrisy, hosted by ex-Tonightly and Chaser editor Dylan Behan.
Watch this episode on Youtube here: https://youtu.be/zSeLqqd3wMM
To support the show and get exclusive ad-free, extended and bonus episodes, become a member of Sanspants Plus: https://www.sanspantsradio.com/plus/
- World Wide Website: http://www.newsfighters.com
- Follow us on twitter at https://twitter.com/NewsfightersPod
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NewsFighters
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Buy us a coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/newsfighters
- Buy merch:: https://www.redbubble.com/people/dylabdesigns
- Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/2Uh1kmZ
- Spotify: https://sptfy.com/1fkQ
- Google Podcasts: http://bit.ly/2YRpZ08
- Pocketcasts: http://bit.ly/2PHbVT2
- Stitcher: http://bit.ly/2UrV5wf
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/newsfighters
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.