Manage episode 285773044 series 2609329
In this highly requested episode, Hannah and Tareq and talking about WW (aka Weight Watchers re-branded). While they claim to be focused on "health and wellness" versus weight loss, is WW really any different from the weekly weigh-ins and counting points? Is it a diet or is it really a lifestyle? What constitutes a diet anyways? What does the research say regarding the sustainability of Weight Watchers? Press play to find out!
Also, if you can't sleep... just eat some kiwi! It helps with that! Or is that just a rumour? Find out how one teeny tiny study can snowball into claims like this in the BS of the Week.
Follow us on Instagram: @nobsnutritionpod @hannahmagee_rd @tareqneuro
Follow us on Twitter: @nbsnpod @hannahmagee_rd @tareqneuro
- Colleen Christensen YouTube Video: A Dietitian's Honest Weight Watchers Review
- Fruit and Vegetable Consumption and Their Polyphenol Content Are Inversely Associated with Sleep Duration: Prospective Associations from the UK Women's Cohort Study (Noorwali et al., 2018)
- The effects of kiwi fruit consumption in students with chronic insomnia symptoms: a randomized controlled trial (Nodtvedt et al., 2017)
- Transient elevation of serum 5-HIAA by dietary serotonin and distribution of 5-HIAA in serum protein fractions (Tohmola et al., 2015)
- The Guardian: Eat yourself to sleep: the foods that can help get a good night’s rest by Emine Saner