Manage episode 292494762 series 2101477
On today's special edition of the No Labels, No Limits podcast, we are joined by Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith. Given what has transpired over the last year or so, life has changed, circumstances have changed. So what we want might look a bit different from what we wanted a few short years ago. This is where the Dr. can give some guidance. It may be time to consider how different degrees of renewal, rest and restoration can benefit us. Follow along with the podcast episode today to learn more.
Dr. Saundra is a Board-Certified internal medicine physician, speaker, and author. She is also a national and international media resource on the mind, body, spirit connection, and a top 100 medical expert in Good Housekeeping Doctors’ Secrets and has been featured in many media outlets including Women’s Day, Redbook, First For Women, MSNBC, Prevention, Fast Company, Psychology Today, and as a guest on Dr. Oz show.
Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith is the author of numerous books including her new book Sacred Rest: Recover Your Life, Renew Your Energy, Restore Your Sanity, where she shares ground-breaking insight into the seven types of rest needed to optimize productivity, increase your overall happiness, overcome burnout, and live your best life.
And as a consumer of the audio version of the book, I can tell you that Dr. Dalton-Smith can add talented voice artist to her list of accomplishments.
In this episode, you’ll learn from Dr. Saundra:
- What the 7 types of rest are are
- What the distinction is between sleep and rest
- Why so many people struggle with fatigue and insomnia - when rest is so simple
- The connection between emotional rest and no longer feeling the need to perform.
- What the long-term effects of focusing only on work and omitting regular periods of rest are
- What the effect of our work environment has on rest - especially when it becomes unpredictable or constantly changes
Learn more and connect with Dr. Saundra here:
www.RestQuiz.com - Free personalized rest assessment
@DrDaltonSmithGet bonus content on Patreon
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.