Manage episode 285962505 series 2763543
Click here to join Permission Stage Playbook, you have 3 final days left to join until we re-open enrollment for fall 2021!
Welcome to such a special episode! I had the pleasure of being a guest on Sabreen Haziq’s podcast, the Lavender Fix Project, where she asked me her honest questions about how exactly intuitive eating works. I asked her to come on the Nourishing Women Podcast, to ask me her honest and raw questions and allow me to coach her through the process! Enjoy listening to this episode to hear how I would coach you through the very real questions you have about how intuitive eating works. Sabreen Haziq is the host of The Lavender Fix (a humble project born Amid COVID19), a self-help podcast dedicated to sharing stories of perseverance & resilience from real people with real life experiences. Lavender represents the part of the psyche that, untouched by the weary and troubles of years, retains the vigor and vitality of youth.
Learn more about Sabreen:My episode on the Lavender Fix.
In this episode we discuss:
- Who is Sabreen and her podcast, Lavender Fix, and who it’s for. What the world lavender means to Sabreen.
- The amazing questions Sabreen asks me includes:
- In this age and time kids are super unhappy with their bodies, and the media isn't helping. There have been studies that show 1 in 4 children has been on some sort of diet by the time he or she is 7 years old- really a time when they should be out there playing. Where do you think it all starts from? When are the seeds of diet-culture sown?
- How much of a role can parents play in promoting body positivity and intuitive eating right from the start?
- What is your opinion on the kind of products that are being openly sold across the world strengthening the diet culture- appetite suppressants, metabolism boosters, fat burners, especially with endorsements from such high profile influencers?
- I’m not sure I fully understand how it’s possible to let go and just eat whatever you want. How does the letting go piece work?
- What if while eating intuitively and your body tells you that you needed 4 cupcakes. Do still you eat till your cravings die out or do you practice portion control? How do you not draw the red lines?
- I’m sure there are people out there who are trying to get acquainted with intuitive eating while having difficulty celebrating non-scale victories. How does one change that and measure progress differently, especially if they're trying to lose weight?
- How Sabreen practices wellness without obsession.
Resources for you:
- Learn more about our services at Nourishing Minds Nutrition. Read testimonials from our amazing clients here.
- Join our FREE support group for like-minded women, the Nourishing Women Community for more community & support.
- Take a look at our new online shop, the Wellness Without Obsession Shop.
Let’s hang out! Connect with Victoria and the staff at NMN:
- Victoria’s Instagram
- Victoria’s Website
- Nourishing Minds Nutrition Instagram
- Nourishing Minds Nutrition website
For every guest that comes on the show, we donate money to Loveland Foundation. The Loveland Foundation, a foundation that provides therapy and healing to Black women and girls. We are honored to donate monthly to the Loveland Foundation, and you can learn more and donate yourself here.