Manage episode 285447559 series 1521674
Unapologetic eating means eating what you want, when you want, and how you want without feeling guilty or ashamed. Unapologetic Eating is also the name of Alissa’s new book that we discuss in detail in today’s podcast episode.
Alissa Rumsey, MS, RD, CDN, CSCS is a registered dietitian, nutrition therapist, certified intuitive eating counselor, and the author of Unapologetic Eating: Make Peace With Food and Transform Your Life. Alissa is passionate about advocating for women to reclaim the space to eat and live unapologetically. She is the founder of Alissa Rumsey Nutrition and Wellness, a weight-inclusive nutrition practice that offers virtual counseling and online programs to help people liberate themselves from dieting, cultivate a peaceful relationship to food and their bodies, and live a more authentic, connected life. Her expertise has been featured in hundreds of media outlets and she speaks regularly at events, online trainings, and conferences around the country. She calls New York City home and spends her free time exploring the city’s food scene and searching for patches of green space to sunbathe in.
Links and order Alissa’s book:
Order Unapologetic Eating: www.alissarumsey.com/book
In this episode we discuss:
- Alissa’s life update and her experience living and writing a book during a pandemic
- How Alissa came up with the title of her new book, Unapologetic Eating.
- Alissa’s experience sharing an image of herself unapologetically eating, and how this had Alissa reflect on why we as women apologize for our eating habits.
- Alissa’s belief that “food can be a powerful entry point into exploring more about ourselves, our beliefs, our values, and what we truly want out of life.” and what that looks like in application.
- The various factors that play into our relationship with food and our body image (i.e. family narratives, socialization, media messages, gender identity, culture and race, trauma, etc).
- A speak peak into the four parts of the book: fixing, allowing, feeling and growing to help you embrace unapologetic eating.
- How Alissa practices wellness without obsession.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR WEBINAR: 5 STEPS TO CONFIDENTLY BECOME AN INTUITIVE EATER IN 2021.
Resources for you:
- Learn more about our services at Nourishing Minds Nutrition. Read testimonials from our amazing clients here.
- Join our FREE support group for like-minded women, the Nourishing Women Community for more community & support.
- Take a look at our new online shop, the Wellness Without Obsession Shop.
Let’s hang out! Connect with Victoria and the staff at NMN:
- Victoria’s Instagram
- Victoria’s Website
- Nourishing Minds Nutrition Instagram
- Nourishing Minds Nutrition website
For every guest that comes on the show, we donate money to Loveland Foundation. The Loveland Foundation, a foundation that provides therapy and healing to Black women and girls. We are honored to donate monthly to the Loveland Foundation, and you can learn more and donate yourself here.