Manage episode 301076423 series 2886826
I had the pleasure of sitting down with Dom D’Agostino, a neuroscientist, researcher and associate professor at the University of South Florida. Dom is someone who I learned from when I first started my journey on a low-carb/keto way of eating. This is part two of a two part series. Make sure to check out both episodes as there is a lot of insightful information discussed.
We discuss the following in chronological order:
- Dom’s thoughts on the carnivore diet.
- Thoughts on using a CGM and higher fat causing insulinogenic effects.
- Can we drive insulin too low? Should we be eating at least some carbs?
- Thoughts on women fasting.
- Sleep and ketosis.
- Thoughts on supplementing exogenous ketones.
- How quickly does autophagy take place on a keto diet?
- Thoughts on a high-fat meat-based diet with lots of fruit.
- What Dom has observed reviewing bloodwork of some carnivores.
- If a close loved one was diagnosed with cancer, what protocol would Dom recommend?
- Where to find Dom.
- Dom’s website: https://ketonutrition.org/about/
- Dom’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/DominicDAgosti2
- Dom’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dominic.dagostino.kt/
- Part 1: https://nutrition-with-judy.simplecast.com/episodes/researcher-shares-thoughts-about-the-low-carb-keto-diet-from-years-of-research-dom-dagostino
CHECK OUT MY BOOK, CARNIVORE CURE: https://amzn.to/37R4lOY
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER: https://nutritionwithjudy.com/join-nutrition-with-judys-newsletter/
Nutrition with Judy Articles: https://nutritionwithjudy.com/articles/
Nutrition with Judy Resources: https://nutritionwithjudy.com/resources
Cutting Against the Grain Podcast: https://cutting-against-the-grain.simplecast.com
🌎 Website: https://www.nutritionwithjudy.com
📺 YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/nutritionwithjudy
**DISCLAIMER: I am only here to provide support as a nutritional therapy practitioner and I am not providing medical advice. I always recommend working with a team of holistic practitioners, including your PCP and a certified nutritional therapy practitioner. Do not self-diagnose. Always seek medical guidance when you have a medical condition.
Use promo code NWJ at Redmond.life and receive 15% off your order.