Manage episode 298693787 series 2810962
Summer is the time of year when we’re all supposed to be footloose and fancy-free, cavorting in the sunshine and enjoying all kinds of outdoor social activities. But for some of us, summer is about making it through three or so months of being extremely sweaty, having to decide between clothing that’s functional or stylish, and feeling immense pressure to be social. No matter what your feelings are about summertime, this episode is for you because we’re sharing the things and strategies that help us get the most out of this season.
This episode was produced by Rachel and Sally and edited by Lucas Nguyen. Our logo was designed by Amber Seger (@rocketorca). Our theme music is by Tiny Music. MJ Brodie transcribed this episode. Follow us on Twitter @OhILikeThatPod.
Things we talked about:
- How to Have a Great Summer if You Hate Summer by Rachel for Vice
- Weather apps, like OILT faves AccuWeather and Weather Strip
- Rachel’s beach tent
- Rachel’s preferred brand of beach chair
- Peppermint Cooling & Reviving Spray from The Body Shop
- Sex and the City and Us: How Four Single Women Changed the Way We Think, Live, and Love by Jennifer Keishin Armstrong
- Calamine spray
- Moisture-wicking socks and underwear
- Aloe vera with lidocaine
- Sally’s portable USB-charging pedestal fan