Manage episode 284075903 series 2533775
When it comes to planting a garden, your soil is similar to a house's foundation. You can buy the most expensive seeds you like, but if the soil you plant them in isn't right the whole thing is bound to fall apart. Listen today to discover the most common types of soil, how to get your soil tested, how your PH levels affect your crops, and some simple steps on how to amend your soil. Today's episode is all about getting dirty and laying the literal groundwork for a thriving garden. Grab your shovels, because it's time to get digging!
A BIG shout-out to our podcast sponsor this month— True Leaf Market! http://theprairiehomestead.com/seeds
They are one of my most-favorite seed companies specializing in organic, heirloom seeds with hundreds of varieties to pick from! Use code SPRING2021 for $10 your first order of $50 or more.
- Soil Texture Analysis "The Jar Test": https://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheet/soil-texture-analysis-the-jar-test/
- The Gardener's Guide to Better Soil: https://bit.ly/36CtQ6H
- How I Grow HUNDREDS of Pounds of Vegetables for Less Than $40: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRy0kc5vhQc
- Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
- Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
- Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, and tutorials, and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
- Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
- Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
- Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/theprairiehomestead