Manage episode 285013749 series 2533775
Have you ever had visions of a lush, bountiful garden complete with chickens pecking around perfectly ripe tomatoes? I know I certainly did, but I quickly learned that while chickens can be great for a garden, there are some things you must understand before you introduce them. Thankfully, today we're joined by a true expert in the field, my friend and esteemed author Lisa Steele. Listen as Lisa and I dive deep into how chickens can help cut down on waste, how they help feed your garden, how they cut down on bugs and weeds, and so much more. Lisa is a 5th generation chicken keeper and has a wealth of knowledge and experience working with these amazing birds. There is truly something for everyone in this episode, including Lisa's advice on how to pick out eggs at a grocery store.
A BIG shout-out to our podcast sponsor this month— True Leaf Market! http://theprairiehomestead.com/seeds
They are one of my most-favorite seed companies specializing in organic, heirloom seeds with hundreds of varieties to pick from! Use code SPRING2021 for $10 your first order of $50 or more.
- Follow Lisa on Instagram @ https://www.instagram.com/fresheggsdaily/
- Connect with Lisa on her website: www.fresheggsdaily.com
- Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
- Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
- Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, and tutorials and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
- Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
- Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
- Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/theprairiehomestead