Manage episode 285595247 series 2533775
Summertime is a garden season, right? I don't know about you, but that's how I operated for the longest time. To be honest, I couldn't even conceive of being able to do anything in the garden after the August harvest. While you might not be able to plant a full garden in the fall, there are some amazing benefits to growing vegetables from September on into the early winter months. In today's episode, I cover the vegetables that thrive in the fall, when you need to plant your fall garden (hint: it's not in the fall), and cover crops that'll help your garden thrive in the future. If you've ever wondered how you could extend your gardening into colder months, this is the episode for you.
Concerned about preserving your garden bounty with the on-going canning lid shortage this year? I found the perfect solution!
Harvest Guard canning lids are not only 100% reusable, they are a fraction of the price regular lids are selling for online at the moment. They are BPA-free, earth-friendly (since you don’t have to toss them in the trash after one use), and work GREAT!
Check out their selection of regular and wide mouth lids at http://theprairiehomestead.com/canninglids and use code HOMESTEAD for 10% off your entire order— and shipping is always free.
- Fall Garden Blog Post: https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2015/08/vegetables-fall-garden.html
- Cover Crop Blog Post: https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2019/10/garden-cover-crops.html
- Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
- Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
- Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, and tutorials and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
- Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
- Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
- Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/theprairiehomestead