Manage episode 292490476 series 2484441
Who doesn’t worry about the future? At some point in our lives, we all fear the unknown, and anxiety fills our thoughts.
Although these feelings are very common, the best way to deal with them is to understand where they are coming from and knowing and how they coincide with what stage you are in your life.
In this episode of On Purpose, Jay Shetty shares five strategies to help you better manage these fears, along with practical exercises you can use today to build better self-confidence.
Learn more about fear & the path to moving forward in chapter 3 of my bestselling book, Think Like a Monk, available here
- 01:49 Worrying about the uncertain future
- 02:25 10 categories of fears that we have
- 05:05 Strategy #1: It’s normal for us to worry about the future
- 09:07 Strategy #2: Instead of focusing on the details, focus on our target
- 11:13 Strategy #3: The big payoff of worry is it gives us the illusion of control
- 14:13 Strategy #4: Create a flexible framework to deal with future fears
- 20:45 Strategy #5: Grit is staying determinedly on the path, but be able to distinguish between distraction and an unexpected opportunity
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.