Manage episode 285095697 series 2514838
Jules Mckenzie and his beautiful wife Ange have been investing in residential real estate for 19 years in Orillia, Ontario Canada. Jules and Ange manage their own properties. Jules is a police officer with Rama Police Service. He is also a member of the Real Estate Investment Network and receives ongoing training and support to continue investing.
For this episode, we talk all about real estate investing and scaling in Canada, and he will share how he initially attracted investors to raise the money to buy income properties and allow these investors to enjoy the benefits of ownership in a passive way.
[00:01 – 03:03] Opening Segment
- I talk briefly about great values that await you in this episode
- I welcome our guest, Jules Mckenzie
- Jules talks about his background
[03:04 – 17:51] Real Estate Investing in Canada
- Jules shares the challenges he faced investing in Canada
- Strict rules and guidelines they must follow and adhere to in terms of eviction
- Dealing with Rent bumps in their market
- Discounts on wholesaling in the Canadian RE market
- Impact of oil trade on the Real Estate market in Canada
- Covid’s impact on the RE market in Canada
- Jules’ approach to addressing the concerns and issues on rent during the pandemic
- Providing customer service
[17:52 – 21:56] Scaling Real Estate in Canada
- Jules shares his experience in scaling his real estate portfolio in Canada
- Adhering to the different regulations and laws in their respective markets
[21:57 – 30:38] Closing Segment
- Quick break for our sponsors
- What is the best investment you've ever made other than your education?
- 38-unit townhouse deal in Orillia back in 2005
- What is the worst investment you ever made?
- Renovating a rundown property I bought in 2003
- What is the most important lesson that you've learned in business and investing?
- Screen and select qualified tenants to rent your properties to
- Have a strategy before you buy a property
- Connect with Jules. See the links below.
“When you run out of money, what you bring to the marketplace is your experience.” - Jules Mckenzie
“Ninety percent of this business is screening and selecting qualified tenants to rent your properties to.” - Jules Mckenzie
“Make sure you have a strategy for a property, before you buy the property.” - Jules Mckenzie
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.