Manage episode 265162773 series 2431018
Welcome to perspective a podcast for wedding creatives, where we sit down, often with a special guest and talk about our many years of experience in the wedding industry, so that you can learn from us and to help grow your wedding business.
We've spoken before about the importance of physical exercise and strength for the job we do on previous episodes of the podcast. We've also spoken about the benefits of community to bolster mental health but today going to be focusing more on mental health as we speak to Cognitive-behavioural therapist Andrew Duthie.
We'll be chatting to Andrew about phychotherapy and the concepts behind the practice of CBT as well as furthering our own understaning of the connection between our thoughts and feelings all with the goal to better learning what makes us tick.
If you've ever felt anxiety or stress because of your work as a wedding supplier, you're not alone but being able to recognise our own mental bad goes a long way to gaining control in those times where we feel like spiralling out.
We'll not just talk concepts and theories on today episode but practical techinques we can all implement into our daily lives to steady our minds, something especially important during this pandemic lockdown.
- What we're drinking:
- Gregg: Staggeringly Good's Little Arms Big Hugs
- Simon: BrewDog's Dead Pony Club
- Andrew: Lavazza Coffee
- The Conditioned Video
- Lost Connections: Uncovering the Real Causes of Depression
- Mindfulness: A practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world
- Jon Kabat-Zinn Books on Amazon
- Headspace App
- Waking Up with Sam Harris
- Remove 'Busy' from your vocabulary recourses:
- Blog Post
- Book recommendations/ resources
- Anxiety for Beginners: A Personal Investigation
- Glasgow Cognitive Therapy Centre
- Sponsored by - With Jack, Insurance for Freelancers
- Music Licensed via Artlist.io
- Recorded at Two Ten Co
- Deliver your photos with Pic-Time (get a free month with code VQEJSY)
- Run your photo and video business more efficiently with Octoa
- Join me and invest commission-free with Freetrade. Get started with a free share worth £3-£200.
- Productivity Software
- Learn new skills with Skill Share, first 2 months FREE
*All Amazon links use affiliate codes