Manage episode 315304348 series 10998
Participants and Roles: Sheila Arquette, President & CEO, NASP, Host/Interviewer
Purpose: Discuss how implementing risk-based care benefits patients and can improve their adherence rates
Ashleigh Burdette, MSN, RN, is the Sr. Director of Clinical Innovation with Biologics by McKesson. Ashleigh has been a Registered Nurse for nearly 15 years and holds a Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in leadership and administration. She began her nursing career as an oncology nurse working in both bone marrow transplant and an outpatient clinic. In 2015, she joined Optum/United Health Group to focus on oncology patient support, utilization review, and clinical case management. In 2017, she joined Cardinal Health’s hub business and had the opportunity to lead both clinical operations and account management. Ashleigh joined Biologics by McKesson in 2020 to lead cross-functional collaboration to create customized patient management solutions that support the holistic needs of patients.
· What is risked-based care, and how does it differ from “standardized care”?
· What’s the methodology behind risked-based care?
· Is the nurse-patient connection important? Why or why not?
· What are some outcomes you’ve seen with this type of personalized level of care and support?
· If someone wanted to implement this type of tailored support in their care setting, what are some of the essential components to keep in mind?
Contact the NASP: https://naspnet.org/about
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices