Manage episode 280125928 series 2816060
Aldo Boitano is an entrepreneur, author, Ph.D. candidate (Pepperdine), engineer, world-class mountaineer, and executive developer. He is also a husband and father. He serves as Chief Technology Officer & Partner at Egreen.com, Director at Chilean Lithium Salars, and the Executive Director at Executive Development. He's led expeditions to the South Pole for Wharton and UNC-Charlotte and was the Dean of Instituto Vertical. He has served on numerous boards including the International Leadership Association and Electra.
Publications by Aldo Boitano
- The Entire Planet Must Reformulate Its Way of Operating
- Peace, Reconciliation and Social Justice Leadership in the 21st Century: The Role of Leaders and Followers (Editor)
- Breaking the Zero-Sum Game: Transforming Societies Through Inclusive Leadership (Editor)
Aldo's Expeditions on K2
- Film - Surviving the Summit (National Geographic Television)
- Film - EL CAMINO ES LA META: CAPÍTULO 4 - K2 1996
- Film - K2 El Máximo desafio The ultimate challenge
- Book - K2 el máximo desafío. The Ultimate Challenge
Quotes From This Episode
- "We were aligned with the objective of being the first-ever Latin American team to climb K2 via the 'high route' and survive."
- "There’s a big difference between teams that have a soul, have a purpose, who are more generous and collaborative versus teams who are selfish and misaligned."
- On his dissertation work - "It's not that much different from mountaineering. You empower people, you have devil’s advocate, you have small teams...you fight hard on the problems and you are soft on the people."
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- 21 Lessons for the 21st Century by Yuval-Harari
Episodes Mentioned in This Podcast