Manage episode 280232034 series 2816060
Dr. Eliane Ubalijoro is the Deputy Executive Director (Programmes) of GODAN Secretariat and a Professor of Practice for Public-Private Sector Partnerships at McGill University. She is a member of the Supervisory Board of the Capitals Coalition, a member of the board of advisors for ShEquity, and an executive board member of Crop Trust. Dr. Ubalijoro is a member of Rwanda's National Science and Technology Council and a Fellow of the African Academy of Sciences. We met while serving on the board of the International Leadership Association.
- TED Talk - Reimaging the world From scarcity to prosperity
- Next Einstein Forum
- Forbes Article - 5 Lessons for a Non-Linear Scientific Career
- Twitter: @elianeubalijoro
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/eliane-ubalijoro-1b8a7b/
Quotes From This Episode
- "So that’s when the meeting of all our senses and science come together. And we realize that this isn’t about politics, this is about humanity and survival."
- "This is where I think science meeting indigenous wisdom is really important. Indigenous wisdom really was, has always been, based on storytelling...our capacity to tell stories that speak to our minds, our hearts, and our souls."
- "Coming from a country in Africa, which is one of the smallest, and most fragile post-conflict countries in the world... we have to imagine everything. So what we're looking for aren't managers, we're looking for leaders that have the capacity to dream and to execute their dreams into reality. And so that is all about leadership and transformation."
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Nobel Laureate - Wangari Maathai
- Film - Taking Root: The Vision of Wangari Maathai
- Documentary - David Attenborough: A Life on Our Planet
- Documentary - I am Greta
- Book - All We Can Save by Katharine K. Wilkinson and Ayana Elizabeth Johnson
- Book - Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents by Isabel Wilkerson
- Organization - Capitals Coalition
- Book - The Heart of Change by John Kotter