Manage episode 276256618 series 2816060
Mike Roberto is the Trustee Professor of Management at Bryant University. He served on the faculty at Harvard Business School and as a visiting professor at New York University's Stern School of Business. He is the author or co-author of numerous Harvard Business Review Case Studies and the best selling simulation, the Leadership and Team Simulation - Everest. His books include Unlocking Creativity, Why Great Leaders Don't Take Yes For An Answer, and Know What You Don't Know.
Quotes from This Episode
- "I think it's really important for students to be immersed in actual managerial problems."
- "I'm very curious. It's interesting to watch how some organizations have really thrived during this pandemic. Some of it seems to me about how organizations mobilized and were led."
- "Yes, there is disagreement, and you have to work through it. That's the whole point. We want people to speak candidly, respectfully, but candidly...and so the more practice we get, the better. And the beauty of a simulation is, there's nothing actually at stake, right?"
- "I study failures. I've never gone away from that. And I don't know what it is, call me strange. I do get obsessed with the stories of failures. I just think there's so much to learn that I didn't know."
- Unlocking Creativity
- Why Great Leaders Don't Take Yes For An Answer
- Know What You Don't Know
A Sample of Michael's Case Studies
- Leadership and Team Simulation - Everest
- BP and the Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill
- McDonald's: Super-Sized Troubles
- Trader Joe's
- Columbia's Final Mission
Resources Mentioned In This Episode