Manage episode 281604197 series 2816060
How can you work to be a better leader every day of 2021? My guest gives us 365 steps to get you there.
About Dr. Riggio
Ronald E. Riggio, Ph.D., is the Henry R. Kravis Professor of Leadership and Organizational Psychology and former director of the Kravis Leadership Institute at Claremont McKenna College. Professor Riggio is the author of more than a dozen books and more than 100 research articles and book chapters in the areas of leadership, assessment centers, organizational psychology, and social psychology. He's served on the editorial boards of The Leadership Quarterly, Leadership, Group Dynamics, and Journal of Nonverbal Behavior.
Explore Ron's Work
- Ron's Latest Book - Daily Leadership Development: 365 Steps to Becoming a Better Leader
- Ron's Website and his blog at Psychology Today
Quotes From This Episode
- "You know, this is a journey, not a destination."
- "This book (Daily Leadership Development: 365 Steps to Becoming a Better Leader) could be something that you could go back to throughout your leadership career because the final few weeks are really about thinking about the end of your leadership in terms of, 'what's your leadership legacy?'"
- Question: What does President-Elect Biden need to do to move past some of the challenges that are inherently baked into the role he's about to assume? - "I've done a lot of thinking about this. I think the number one issue is divisiveness."
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Book - The Daily Drucker: 366 Days of Insight and Motivation for Getting the Right Things Done by Peter F. Drucker
- Book - The Bass Handbook of Leadership: Theory, Research, and Managerial Applications by Bernard M. Bass and Ruth Bass
- Book - Inclusify by Stefanie Johnson
- Frontline Documentary - A Class Divided - Jane Elliott’s lesson in discrimination
- Book - Political Skill at Work by Gerald R. Ferris, Sherry L. Davidson & Pamela L. Perrewe (Author)
Did You Enjoy Phronesis?