Manage episode 282675478 series 2816060
"If we are going to achieve freedom we’ve got to engage in action programs to make that freedom possible. Let nobody fool you about this. Freedom is never voluntarily given to the oppressed by the oppressor." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
Jim Robenalt is an author, historian, and attorney. He's a partner in Thompson Hine's Business Litigation practice group and has been named as one of America's Leading Lawyers in the Chambers USA Guide to America's Leading Business Lawyers. Jim has consistently been listed in The Best Lawyers in America® and has been selected for inclusion in Ohio Super Lawyers® through a process that includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. Jim has partnered with John Dean, Nixon's White House Counsel, to create a national continuing education program entitled "The Watergate CLE."
Select Publications by Jim Robenalt
- Website/Podcast: Ballots and Bullets
- Book: Ballots and Bullets: Black Power Politics and Urban Guerrilla Warfare in 1968 Cleveland
- Book: January 1973: Watergate, Roe v. Wade, Vietnam, and the Month That Changed America Forever - with John Dean
- The Harding Affair: Love and Espionage during the Great War - with John Dean
- Article: What Joe Biden and Franklin Roosevelt Have in Common
- Article: How HUD Nominee Marcia Fudge Can Undo the Damage Nixon Did
- CLE Program: The Legacy of Watergate: Ethics of Representing an Entity Under the Current Model Rules
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Speech: Malcolm X: Ballot or Bullet
- Speech: Martin Luther King, Jr.: April 26, 1967 in Cleveland, Ohio
- Speech: Robert Kennedy: April 4, 1968
- Film: One Night in Miami
- Harvard Business Review Case: African American Inequality in the United States.
- Report: Carl B. Stokes: A 50-Year Legacy in Policy
A Quote to Ponder
- "Every system is perfectly designed to achieve the results that it gets.” – David Beckwith M.D.
Did You Enjoy Phronesis?
Connect with Scott Allen