Manage episode 276033032 series 2816060
About Lauren Bullock and Dan Jenkins
- Lauren Bullock and Dr. Dan Jenkins are the founders of the Leadership Educator Podcast. Lauren is Assistant Professor for Instruction and teaches undergraduate leadership and public relations courses in the Klein College of Media and Communication at Temple University. Dan is Department Chair & Associate Professor of Leadership Studies at the Univesity of Southern Maine. His most recent books were co-authored with Kathy Guthrie - The Role of Leadership Educators: Transforming Learning and Transforming Learning: Instructional and Assessment Strategies for Leadership Education.
Quotes from This Episode
- On having conversations about difficult topics - "it's this mixture of efficacy, confidence, and vulnerability that you have to approach this work with. And also, sometimes it's acknowledging your own ignorance."
- "I mean, if you saw the Google Doc that I'm looking at it now, it's about 30-pages long. We'll never...there's not enough hours in our lives, to be able to interview all the different guests and to cover all the different topics that we have."
- "I think the biggest gap centers around the intersection with diversity, equity, inclusion, and leadership theories."
Robert F. Kennedy Quote Eluded to by Scott
- “Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, s/he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.” (edited slightly)
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Leadership Educator Podcast
- We are the Leaders We've Been Waiting For: Women and Leadership Development in College by Julie Owen
- Leadership Theory: Cultivating Critical Perspectives by John P. Dugan
- National Clearinghouse for Leadership Programs
- Inter-association Leadership Education Collaborative (ILEC)
- Association of Leadership Educators
- Crisis Leadership in Higher Education: Theory and Practice by Ralph Gigliotti
- Conversations in Black: On Power, Politics, and Leadership by Ed Gordon
- Tempered Radicals: How People Use Difference to Inspire Change at Work by Debra E. Meyerson
The No-Hitter Dan Witnessed (I think)
- September 1, 2007 - Clay Buchholz