Manage episode 276033034 series 2816060
Sara Safari is on a mission. She is an author, speaker, climber, educator, and Ph.D. candidate; and an inspiring woman actively making a difference in the world. Her goal is to climb The Seven Summits and has dedicated her life to empowering women around the world.
Quotes from This Episode
- "I announced that I'm going to go back to my training for Everest again, but this time, I'm going to raise $1 per foot of any mountain I climb to provide education for these girls."
- "I was just tired. I was sick. I was coughing. I just wanted to go back home. And I would think of the moment when I saw two lines of girls and they were looking at me like I'm going to fix their life for them. And I would just imagine those girls, and I couldn't quit. I just had to take the next step."
- "Everything started breaking down. Pieces of ice were falling down the mountain and the noise it made was like a rocket taking off."
- "The girls are so confident. They're just amazing. I'm in awe of their confidence and the way they are. So I go to them for motivation now, even if it might seem like I'm inspiring them, they're inspiring me all the time."
Learn More About Sara Safari
- Website: Sara Safari
- Website: Empowering Nepali Girls
- Book: Above The Mountain's Shadow
- TED Talk: Climb Your Everest
- Her Mission: The Seven Summits
Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- Book: We Are The Leaders We've Been Waiting For by Julie Owen
- Book: Sapiens
- Book: Attached
- Book: Talking to Strangers
- Film: Everest
- Film: Meru
- Ph.D. in Leadership & Change at Antioch University
Quotes Mentioned in this Episode
"The hardest person you will ever lead is yourself" - Bill George